Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extraordinarily Average Gentlemen

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Join us on vent: Eag.clants.net:8751

Tell me why I sock at hon....

Go down 
+3
Pudly
MCap
dhahlen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dhahlen

dhahlen

Tell me why I sock at hon.... Empty
PostSubject: Tell me why I sock at hon....   Tell me why I sock at hon.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 3:25 pm

Yeah, sub 1200 PSR with a 0.6 KDR, it's pathetic... I know...

It's not a FPS, cause I'm actually good at those. And it's not WoW, was my lock was rapetastic... it this stupid strategy part...

I don't know jack shit for item builds.... I'll be like "What do you build for (insert character name here)" and people are like, "Get blah blah blah stone and helm of the artificial sacrificial orb of righteousness baby Jesus" and then I have no clue what it's under in the store. If I ask... all i hear is a long sigh "GREATTTTTTTTTTTT dhahlen doesn't know how to play blah blah blah" then Marine busts in with something like "I'm not playing because someone sided internets against me"

FML
Back to top Go down
MCap

MCap

Character sheet
Name: Kilian Ó Riain
HP:
Tell me why I sock at hon.... Left_bar_bleue100/100Tell me why I sock at hon.... Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
EP:
Tell me why I sock at hon.... Left_bar_bleue100/100Tell me why I sock at hon.... Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Tell me why I sock at hon....   Tell me why I sock at hon.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:01 pm

Item builds vary so much depending on what the situation is, who you are, and what your goal is.

Read this as a start. While not very hero specific, a number of the tips aim to get you to EAG lvl, which is just above a typical 1600+ pub game
********First Rule: Try not to Die

---- You will die. You will die many times. Don't let this discourage you, but here are a few tips on not dieing.

---- When ever you are pushing a lane and fighting enemy creeps, the enemy can see you. Always assume that someone can pop out and stun you and the rest of the team is going to steamroll you. BE PARANOID when crossing the river by yourself. Late Early/Mid Game is all about the (X) vs (X+1) ganks. This means that the whole point is for them to show up and overwhelm you with numbers. Unless your a fed carry (glossary of these and other terms father down), it is not a good situation to be in. Listen to your teammates when they call miss. Be paranoid. Assume they are coming to get you , especially if you are on your own.

---- When someone calls for a gank, try to help. One less enemy for so many seconds is one less enemy you have to worry about.

---- When you lane counter is missing, even for only a second, share that info. You may have just saved someone's life.

---- Certain Items can save your ass. Shamans headdress reduces magic damage to something like 55%. Thunderbringer Ult isn't so deadly when it only hits for 300-400 damage (normally it hits like 500 and lvl 3). Magmus' Ult will only hit for like 400 or less. Armor/Magic armor, due to it being percentage based, tends to scale well into late game. That said, don't go overboard.

---- Always be glancing at the mini-map. If you can see all the enemies, and none of them are in you lane, it can be a safe bet to push. But remember, unless they are in an all out push or fighting your teammates, at any time they can leave that area and come gank you. Corralary is the chance that one of them is an illusion. not common, but a good player will trick you with these.

---- DONT TANK CREEPS. This is damage done to you needlessly. The enemy can take advantage of this. Let creeps hit eachother and you reap the benefits.

*********Second Rule : Communication

----Most of us in this community have and use our microphones, some more annoyingly than others. If, you're laning against Thunderbringer, tell your team when he hits lvl 6. If you know a guy is sneaking through the woods, tell your team and ping the map. The flow of information can make or break a team.

---- We don't care if you think it is redundant, but tell us anyway that your counter-laner is still missing. Tell us when your about to push a tower down. And most of all listen to the information that your being told. That is the difference between a good push and a Genocide.

---- Organize. This begins before the match during the hero selection phase. Tell us who you have and who you prefer to play with. If you don't know a hero and the team needs you to play him, ask someone about his ability/item builds. We are glad to help, even if you are on the other team.

*********Rule Three : Organize

---- Yea I know it was up there, but that mostly dealt with communication. This deals with team work. We don't do this often, but actually have a team leader (most times this comes down any of the other higher lvl players). Create Kill orders and Stun Orders. If Tempest and Magmus keep Ulting you, Stun them and kill one of them.

---- Call ganks and respond to them. Sure, you may or may not get the kill, but everyone involved gets the experience, and therefor they all benefit.

---- Even from the very beginning, this is supposed to happen. Who solos? Who gets paired together? There are some very obvious synergies from the get go. Electrician is very good with an AOE Burster or with someone like Swiftblade. Stun, Spin, Energy Absorption and there goes like 500 plus damage at LVL 3, enough to usually finish or severely maim anyone.

++++Glossary++++

---- Ganks ==== A surprise attack on one or more opponents designed to quickly overwhelm and kill the opposition. Difference from a team battle is that usually these are small and quick 2v1s or 3v2 designed to hamper a team early or mid game. Team battles are usually 5v5 and used in conjunction with major pushes into enemy teritory.

---- Lanes ==== The Creeps Follow very specific paths unless agroed unto a player. Depending on the map, there can be as many as 1-5 lanes, though that may change as updates come out.

---- Pub ==== Any Public game

---- tp (teleport/homecoming stone or Post Haste or Portal Key) ==== A tp stone (in game a homecoming stone) lets you teleport to any friendly building. Essential when moving around the map. Post haste adds to this the ability to teleport to creeps. As a side note, until fixed, it is possible to teleport to Zephyr's Cyclones.

---- b (back) ==== Get back. This is the basic run away/retreat call. Means GTFO and minimize losses. Don't run back to save the one only to get 2 of you killed. While a nice gesture, and really freaking sweet if you can pull it off, losing lives needlessly in the end is no bueno.

---- OP (overpowered) ==== Used by griefers (cough cough) to say that one hero is signifacantly flawed and as a result is to strong. Also Imba/imbalanced is here.

---- Auto-Attack-Canceling ==== HIGH LVL SKILL When a character attacks, the animation has two parts. The back swing/ wind up and the delivery. As soon as the backswing is done, the attack is finish and damage given (little different with range, but the end result is the same). The delivery phase animation still plays, but has no impact beyond it may look pretty. Attack Canceling takes advantage of this waisted animation time by having your character move, canceling the animation and using the extra time to move. This does not effect overall attack speed, just gives you extra movements. Most effective in chasing as heroes stop to attack and their opponent keeps going and inching away.

---- Orb Walking ==== An Auto-attack with a modifier (ie Arachna Webshot) that will still go off as you are chasing an enemy.

---- Carry ==== A hero who is typically weak early game, but after gettiing some items/lvls, becomes a killing machine. Example is Madman. In the begging, mediocore damage and low health. While his health stays low, his attackspeed and damage have huge gains. couple this with his crits, his attack speed boosting ult, and life steal, and he becomes a pain with his mini stun and Massive Damage output.

---- Feed ==== Dieing over and over or unnecessarily, giving the opponent money and EXP.

---- EM (easy mode) ==== We do not play this, but this should be renamed Fast mode. More Gold, More Exp, most times shorter games

---- Runes ==== Spawn items that will boost heroes for short time, can be bottled for later uses. Spawns every two minutes from start.

---- Last Hit/Deny ==== Timing an attack so that you are the one to kill the creep/hero. Last hit nets you some gold. Deny prevents your opponent of gold and a portion of the exp the would have gotten.

*********Misc

---- Keep playing. Until you have played a hero, you can't really know what they can do against you. Some people may play Jera-F*****g-ziah as a support or as a tank. Which means there need to be at least to strategies on how to beat him.

*********Last Hitting and Denying Creeps

Last hitting and denying is a skill that usually shows a players average skill in a match. While it isn't the end all be all, it can definitely set you up for a win if you can perform it reliably during the match. Last hitting is the act of not attacking creeps (unless your actually trying to push) until the creep is almost dead, and then just attacking it for the last little bit of life to get the gold from it. By doing this, you don't upset the creep balance, and can hopefully keep your creeps away from the opponents tower. Now, that being said, certain heroes are just better at last hitting than others, if you guy has a big slow attack, your creeps might end up getting the kills most of the time.

Denying Creeps is the act of attacking your own creeps so your opponents get neither the gold or the full amount of experience, doing this over time its not uncommon to become one or even two levels above your opponent, which means YOU get your ultimate first, which is very valuable early game as a ganking tool. Denying is often a race between you and your opponent who is trying to last hit your creep for the gold.

It is often a dance between you and your opponent between you trying to last hit his creeps and him trying to deny them, and him trying to last hit your creeps and you denying them. Note, it is often a lot easier to last hit and deny as a ranged unit, they don't get blocked up on their own creeps.

Another note, be careful if your facing a very high burst damage opponent, especially more then one, every time you go up to last hit or deny, they may try to kill you, or at least harass you. That damage can add up! Your death is not worth denying a creep over. Especially watch out for combo heroes, such as electrician with magmus, or swift-blade, if you see the pair coming toward you back up!!!!

To add to this, when laning against a ranged hero (especially arachna) as a melee hero, you may need to back off the creep line to avoid ranged harassment. It is more important to conserve your health bar than to get last hits.
Back to top Go down
Pudly
Admin
Pudly

Character sheet
Name: Sir Roderick
HP:
Tell me why I sock at hon.... Left_bar_bleue9001/100Tell me why I sock at hon.... Empty_bar_bleue  (9001/100)
EP:
Tell me why I sock at hon.... Left_bar_bleue69/100Tell me why I sock at hon.... Empty_bar_bleue  (69/100)

PostSubject: Re: Tell me why I sock at hon....   Tell me why I sock at hon.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:10 pm

I'm working on a guide for Hon items :/. hopefully it will help
Back to top Go down
Xeux

Xeux

PostSubject: Re: Tell me why I sock at hon....   Tell me why I sock at hon.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:56 pm

Play more.

You don't get to bitch about not being good at something that purely takes practice.
Back to top Go down
Marine436

Marine436

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
Tell me why I sock at hon.... Left_bar_bleue1/100Tell me why I sock at hon.... Empty_bar_bleue  (1/100)
EP:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me why I sock at hon....   Tell me why I sock at hon.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 5:16 pm

hon doesnt purly take partice, ill let you into my little secert dhalen that use to make me good and im trying to get back to
Back to top Go down
phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Tell me why I sock at hon....   Tell me why I sock at hon.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 2:26 am

dhahlen wrote:
Yeah, sub 1200 PSR with a 0.6 KDR, it's pathetic... I know...

It's not a FPS, cause I'm actually good at those. And it's not WoW, was my lock was rapetastic... it this stupid strategy part...

I don't know jack shit for item builds.... I'll be like "What do you build for (insert character name here)" and people are like, "Get blah blah blah stone and helm of the artificial sacrificial orb of righteousness baby Jesus" and then I have no clue what it's under in the store. If I ask... all i hear is a long sigh "GREATTTTTTTTTTTT dhahlen doesn't know how to play blah blah blah" then Marine busts in with something like "I'm not playing because someone sided internets against me"

FML
Just play agi carries man. Pro agi build;

Soulscream 2x > enhanced marchers > slash > thunderclaw > charged hammer
Back to top Go down
dhahlen

dhahlen

PostSubject: Re: Tell me why I sock at hon....   Tell me why I sock at hon.... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:33 pm

need more input
Back to top Go down
Mike101grand

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
EP:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me why I sock at hon....   Tell me why I sock at hon.... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:20 am

The key here to become better is to first learn the basic do's and dont's ie what mcap poted, and next play more a lot more and dont use the same heroes over and over, play different heroes and practice them, lastly i think the most important thing to get better is to experiment with builds and how you play you character througn experimenting you'll learn lots of invaluable info, what wont work what will, and what you find confortable. for example portal key and frofstield plate on say nymphora (never tried before but will experiment) the point being with nymphora you probably wouldnt see this but it is viable, stun... pod.. port..frostfield.. auto atk with bonus atk speed fro buff with shield breaker. Note i just now thought about this but you see what i mean by experiment. Now go and experiment my young mad scientist. MUAHAHAHAHA *cough* hahah *cough* hmm. Smile
Back to top Go down
dhahlen

dhahlen

PostSubject: Re: Tell me why I sock at hon....   Tell me why I sock at hon.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:12 am

Played 5 games yesterday, won 3 of the 5.

The worst one is when I tried to play zeph, I went something like 2/14/4, it was embarrassing.

On the other hand, I did well with om nom, lawnmower (who doesn't?), and tempest.

I find myself building hell flower pretty often, but I can't get the hang of using it....

The thing that killed me with zeph is that his stupid leap would not work. I kept getting whirl bladed by swift and could not leap out of it for whatever reason, it happened at least 6 times.

Oh well, I'll keep at it
Back to top Go down
MCap

MCap

Character sheet
HP:
EP:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me why I sock at hon....   Tell me why I sock at hon.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:28 am

random tips to help:

Re-bind the screen move keys to z,x,c,s. Bind vent to left side key

This keeps Your left hand all in one spot. QWER match the spells and are a spasm away from move screen.

A is your attack focus key and is right there too.

This may help a little. (no need to use the mouse to move screen or click spells and no need to move lefthand)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me why I sock at hon....   Tell me why I sock at hon.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:35 pm

MCap wrote:
random tips to help:

Re-bind the screen move keys to z,x,c,s. Bind vent to left side key

This keeps Your left hand all in one spot. QWER match the spells and are a spasm away from move screen.

A is your attack focus key and is right there too.

This may help a little. (no need to use the mouse to move screen or click spells and no need to move lefthand)

Personally, this would make it harder for me, as I would have to do so much more with just one hand; when I feel now the hands are balanced in actions.
HOWEVER, this may be totally different for you.

Dhalen, when i first started out I was constantly building the same things; farmiliarize yourself with as many items and builds as you can and learn how the numbers really translate in-game. That was one of the things that got me stuck and once you learn them you'll be glad you did and a much better player (as you won't be constantly asking for builds.)

Oh, and experiment with Blinks/Jumps/Leaps before you use them. They're almost all different and I'll give you a few examples.

Zephyr: Select location, he moves until he can get close enough to jump to the location and THEN leaps.
(My least favorite; I remember Chronos doing this too. It can be a pain, because if you're about to die, the character goes "Oh wait, let me get into position before I try anything, wouldn't want me to not make the leap and get out safely without making sure I get as close to the fountain as I can, because that's more important than saving enough seconds to live, ya know." Pushes enemies to the side; Chronos slows in AoE.)
Magebane: Blinks from the very spot he's standing to as close to the point you selected as possible, almost the second you click.
(My personal favorite; this is the most useful for getting to where you need to go quickly and efficiently; no waiting involved and is the most likely to save your ass when it's in need. Adds Magic Armor to allies in landing AoE)
Valkarie: When you hit the button, jumps the maximum distance in whatever direction she's facing.
(This makes it tricky, as you have to turn her the right direction before you can go anywhere with it, else you could be jumping into enemy tower range rather than out of a team fight Adds movement speed to allies in landing AoE)

...then there's the not-really-blinkers-but-still-jumping-from-A-to-B...
(this isn't as important to read)
Night Hound: You have to target an enemy, you cant just leap anywhere.
(While it IS a blink, you have to use it as an offensive move. But it helps nonetheless. I THINK you can target allies though; which can really save you.)
Nymphora: There's a huge channel time, so there's no escaping team fights unless you're hidden.
(Takes you almost ANYWHERE, though; and you can bring teammates along too at higher levels)
Andromeda: She teleports with someone nearby; enemy or ally.
(A lot like Night Hound, except she swaps places with them rather than dealing damage and landing next to them.)
Back to top Go down
MCap

MCap

Character sheet
HP:
EP:

PostSubject: Re: Tell me why I sock at hon....   Tell me why I sock at hon.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:54 pm

Kraken - Rushes towards the direction, following the pathes on the land.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me why I sock at hon....   Tell me why I sock at hon.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell me why I sock at hon....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: